This story is available exclusively to Business Insider subscribers.
Become an Insider and start reading now.
- LinkedIn has more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
- Many employees at the tech company make six-figure salaries.
- Business Insider analyzed the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification’s 2019 disclosure data for permanent and temporary foreign workers.
- Software engineers make a $108,784 to $178,000 base salary, while analysts, product managers, and sales associates can also make well over $100,000.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Landing a job at LinkedIn can mean earning a six-figure salary.
LinkedIn is the largest online professional network, and the company has more than 10,000 employees worldwide. Much like other tech companies, LinkedIn pays its employees well. However, the company cut 960 jobs because of the reduced demand for recruitment products during the pandemic, Business Insider previously reported.
Business Insider analyzed the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification’s 2019 disclosure data for permanent and temporary foreign workers to find out how much LinkedIn paid employees for jobs, from entry-level titles to executive roles. The salary data is based on jobs in the US.
LinkedIn applied for 779 visas in 2019, specifically for roles related to software engineering, data science, product management, business analysis, and more. The salary ranges reflected below come from multiple records for the same job. Performance bonuses, signing bonuses, and compensation other than base salaries are not reflected in the data. It’s also worth noting that this is based on salary data for foreign-born US workers and therefore not a comprehensive list of compensation for every job at the company. LinkedIn did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Here are the salary ranges of employees hired in 2019, according to the visa data.
Data scientists, designers, and software engineers
- Associate user-experience designer: $105,000 to $157,000
- User-experience designer: $106,993 to $157,000
- Staff user-experience designer: $147,000 to $245,000
- Senior user-experience designer: $123,000 to $205,000
- Associate technical-services manager: $94,913 to $134,000
- Technical-services manager: $100,000 to $166,000
- Technical-project manager: $106,339 to $156,000
- Data scientist: $114,321 to $166,727
- Staff data scientist: $167,132 to $249,667
- Senior data scientist: $131,580 to $212,333
- Data-science manager: $149,000 to $243,000
- Analytics data scientist: $115,060 to $162,000
- Applied-research data scientist: $141,586 to $178,000
- Associate web developer: $113,282 to $168,000
- Engineer: $108,784 to $178,000 (including engineers specialized in site reliability, systems infrastructure, data mining and economics, DevOps, and machine learning)
- Staff engineer: $146,994 to $267,000 (including staff engineers specialized in unified communications, information security, site reliability, systems, software, machine learning, and systems infrastructure)
- Senior engineer: $117,239 to $317,500 (including senior engineers specialized in site reliability, systems, machine learning, systems infrastructure, network, information security, storage engineering, DevOps, and staff)
- Software engineer manager: $158,701 to $267,000 (including managers specialized in site reliability, software engineering, machine learning, systems II engineering, and systems engineering)
- Director of software engineering: $241,696 to $370,000 (including directors in site reliability and systems infrastructure)
Product and business operations
- Associate product manager: $121,856 to $158,857
- Product-management group manager: $182,809 to $291,000
- Associate digital-marketing manager: $92,971 to $116,000
- Digital-marketing manager: $102,000 to $159,000
- Business-operations associate: $99,000 to $141,000
- Senior business-operations associate: $110,094 to $171,000
- Business-operations manager: $136,000 to $214,000
- Insights analyst: $99,000 to $141,000
- Insights program manager: $129,209 to $171,000
- Business-systems analyst: $108,784 to $116,000
- Senior business-systems analyst: $107,746 to $156,000 (including analysts specialized in business systems and process)
- Business-systems manager: $125,000 to $196,000
- HRIT principal systems analyst: $154,669 to $202,000
- Principal analysts: $134,054 to $196,000 (including analysts specialized in business process and business systems)
- Sales-operations analyst: $83,000 to $117,000
- Principal analyst in global sales compensation services: $137,000 to $214,000
- Sales-productivity associate: $99,000 to $141,000
- Senior sales-operations associate: $110,094 to $171,000
- Sales operation and productivity, sales development: $112,362 to $135,000
- Sales-operations and -productivity manager: $136,000 to $214,000