- You can clear the cache on your Amazon Fire Stick if certain apps are loading slower than usual or giving you constant error messages.
- There is an easy fix for this — all you need to do is go to the app’s Settings menu and clear its cache.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
The Amazon Fire Stick is one of many television devices on the market that can replace a cable subscription. The Fire Stick puts all your streaming subscriptions onto one device on your TV — Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more are all available to Fire Stick users directly from one central hub.
The Fire Stick is designed so that each app you download remembers your information and activity when you log in, but sometimes, as with anything, bugs can get into the system. You may have issues with loading times or titles not playing, or you may repeatedly get the same error message.
The solution in either of these situations is simple: Just clear the cache on that app. Clearing the cache is essentially the “turn it off and turn it back on again” solution for apps — it deletes all your history and restores the app to its factory settings. If you’re getting a lot of error messages on a certain app, and it’s only happening on your Fire Stick, all you have to do is clear the cache.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear cache on an Amazon Fire Stick
1. On your Fire Stick’s main menu, click “Settings” on the right of the top menu bar.
2. In “Settings,” scroll to the right and select “Applications.”
3. Scroll down and select “Manage Installed Applications.”
4. Scroll down on the list of applications and choose the app that’s giving you issues.
5. Go to the bottom of the application’s menu and click “Clear Cache” to clear the cache.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe