Connect with us

News Report

Fire that tore through Rachel Ray’s house started in chimney

WebSite Design  404-590-1763

Celebrity News

Fire that tore through Rachel Ray’s house started in chimney

A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimneyAugust 21, 2020, 10:21 PM• 1 min readLAKE LUZERNE, N.Y. — A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimney, state officials said Friday.The state Office of Fire Prevention…

Fire that tore through Rachel Ray’s house started in chimney

A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimney

August 21, 2020, 10:21 PM

1 min read

LAKE LUZERNE, N.Y. — A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimney, state officials said Friday.

The state Office of Fire Prevention and Control said the August 9 fire at the house in Lake Luzerne, N.Y., was accidental.

The blaze sent flames through the roof of the home, at the end of a private drive in a rural area about 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of Albany, New York.

More than a dozen local fire departments worked to put out the flames. No firefighters or anyone from the household was injured.

Ray had been filming two days a week from her home since April, with her husband working as the show’s cameraman and producer.

———

Real Life. Real News. Real Voices

Help us tell more of the stories that matter

Become a founding member

This story has been corrected to show Ray’s first name is spelled Rachael, not Rachel.


ABC News


Subscribe to the newsletter news

We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe

300*250

Popular Articles

Latest News

To Top